Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: SW EpII looks surprisingly good

  1. #1
    Inactive Member twister!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2001
    Posts
    1,034
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Has anyone seen the two teaser trailers for Star Wars Episode 2. I thought Ep 1 was very poor but this looks promising - ESPECIALLY the second one (accessed from the DVD) - looks awesome! It's very dark and moody in style (like Empire). Not holding my breath but hopefully this could be Lucas' redemption...

    You can see both (without the need for the DVD) at : http://web.njit.edu/~ema0085/files/sw/
    ------------------


    [This message has been edited by twister! (edited November 13, 2001).]

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    being a great Star Wars fan it pains me to say that Clones looks pants from the trailers.

    I get the impression that Kenobi is the new comic sidekick a la Jar Jar

    "I told you Anakin .... not through the power coupling ..."

    and was *that* acting ???! "Good Job!"

    conversely I thought that EP1 trailer was fantastic, much better than the film.

    ------------------
    N305UDB M173UBM
    (B55VOR)
    (WGO963W)

  3. #3
    Inactive Member ThomasB's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2000
    Posts
    171
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    > SW EpII looks surprisingly good

    What is suprising about SW EpII looking good?

    With the budget they have and ILM being responsible for SFX this movie HAS to look good.

    ------------------
    ThomasB
    http://www.biennavista.com

  4. #4
    Inactive Member twister!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2001
    Posts
    1,034
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You're taking me too literally, I didn't mean that it just visually looked good - of course it does, that goes without saying (almost every Hollywood film visually looks good). I meant that it actually looks as if it could be a good film.

    ------------------

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Thousanth's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 2001
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    "You can't judge a movie by its trailer"
    Personally I don't think Lucas has to "redeem" anything, I mean Star Wars did basically what it was ment to do: make Lucas a billionaire.

    ------------------
    My hit list, third draft.
    1. Despin Entertainment 2. Kathy S. 3. Skin 4. Chance1234 5. Littlerich 6. miker 7. foolmaster 8. Mods 9. eddie 10. GrizzAdams

  6. #6
    Inactive Member ThomasB's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2000
    Posts
    171
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    > You're taking me too literally

    That uses to happen when I'm running out of coffee... sorry for that.

    I saw some of the Star Wars movies when I was a kid, but I can't clearly remember the 'old' movies.

    I don't like SciFi very much, so I don't really care about E2. I better stop now... running out of coffee again...

    ------------------
    ThomasB
    http://www.biennavista.com

  7. #7
    Inactive Member wolfwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2001
    Posts
    82
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The guy who's playing Anakin is in this movie called "Life as a House". It's good. I mean like, American Beauty good. His acting is bad ace. There's only one thing that might throw some people off, though. It was directed by the Fonz

    ------------------
    "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it"

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Matt J Heaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2000
    Posts
    430
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, helvetica, sans serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ThomasB:
    > You're taking me too literally

    That uses to happen when I'm running out of coffee... sorry for that.

    I saw some of the Star Wars movies when I was a kid, but I can't clearly remember the 'old' movies.

    I don't like SciFi very much, so I don't really care about E2. I better stop now... running out of coffee again...

    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    You don't remember the Starwars movies? Damn..

    They aren't sci-fi, you should check them out.



    ------------------

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Thousanth's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 2001
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Life as a House was directed by the Fonz? Wow. He did good.

    ------------------
    My hit list, third draft.
    1. Despin Entertainment 2. Kathy S. 3. Skin 4. Chance1234 5. Littlerich 6. miker 7. foolmaster 8. Mods 9. eddie 10. GrizzAdams

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •